Finding a Trustworthy Foundation Repair Team Near You
1. Educate yourself on Foundation Repair methods and ask many questions. Never make your final decision based on cheap prices, the general rule of thumb is go with the mid-price. Remember a low bid will look attractive but when it comes to your homes structure, cheap isn't better.
2. If you're not using a Structural Engineer, then try to choose a company that has a long time relationship with a Engineer. The more the team knows about how to fix your home and not damaged it more, the better.
3. If your Foundation Repair requires some type of underpinning/piering read the fine print for a clause on the depth of the hydraulic piling (typically 20 to 30 feet). Only choose a contractor that has no depth clause. If your contractor is familiar with the area then they will be familiar with the soil conditions. The depth clause could double the price of your contract! It's like having an open check book.
4. Most all Foundation Repair projects require removal of landscaping to access the foundation, so ask the contractor to guarantee that all bush or shrub will survive after removal and replacement.
5. Warranties and/or guarantees for Foundation Repair work are very important, but always read the fine print. All good Foundation Repair Companies offer warranties. A warranty is only as good as the company's reputation to honor the warranty.
6. Does the company have workers comp and general liability? Make sure they do!
7. Most reputable companies will not ask for a deposit. Keep that in mind.
8. Never rush a decision. Check references, reviews, and always do your due diligence. The safety of you and your family, and the integrity of your house, should be the first thing your foundation repair salesman should be concerned with.
These are just a few things to consider when hiring a Foundation Repair Company.